Saturday 14 November 2009

David Dalby's Trading and Research Journal

So I told my sister, chart looks good buy NEXT...and forgot all about it...several years later a letter arrives from beloved sister saying she just sold those shares. They are off on holiday, buying a new flat screen tv and saving the rest for a rainy day....

she didn't....she bought the shares...

Good girl, of my previous 4 share holdings I had lost money on 1 and had 3 winners.

Not bad, but I am a management accountant, I read accounts for breakfast. Surely I could make money at this share game.

The answer to that was YES and NO

With the death of arthur anderson, changes to accounting rules and out right fiddling and cooking of the books across the board, I soon came to believe that the FUNDAMENTAL APPROACH was DEAD

The death of a trading style that was once god like is not only hard to take it's difficult to change habits. You keep wanting to look at the accounts just to be sure, even if they are over cooked in the wrong direction with the chairman saying we have no problems and the sun is shining, the grass is green and we are on track....RUBBISH

No comments:

Post a Comment